Cat Care Clinic and COVID-19
Last Updated July 9, 2020
Cat Care Clinic continues to adapt our policies to provide the best care we can while keeping staff and you all safe.
We will now allow limited access into the clinic for clients. We would love to have you in the exam rooms with us, but at this time that will be very limited due distancing requirements.
We know this is not the ideal Cat Care Clinic experience, but it allows us to continue to serve you and care for your cats with appropriate safety measures. We all know how much your cats mean to you, during this time perhaps more than ever, as their presence alone can calm and comfort. They need care and we intend to continue to provide it through this pandemic.
1. Come in the Clinic or continue Curbside Drop off/Escort service
When you arrive at the clinic, you now may enter the clinic to drop off or pick up your cat. To make this as safe as possible for our staff and you, please respect the following guidelines:
- Masks are required for everyone in the clinic, as they are for all indoor Dane County businesses.
- If you see 2 or more people in the lobby, please wait outside.
- When in the lobby, please social distance and keep 6ft apart from others.
- Our staff will be wearing masks when communicating, and appreciate it if you do as well while in the clinic.
- If you or any household members have any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not enter the building.
- Hand sanitizers will be available for your use.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting will be done.
- Our terminals do accept mobile phone payments, for touch-free transactions.
- Our exam rooms are too small to adequately social distance. In order to follow Phase 2 guidelines, we ask that you wait outside of the exam rooms and preferably outside the clinic to allow easy social distance space for others who are entering for pick up or drop-offs.
If you chose to continue with curbside service, please call our front desk (608-833-9750) to check in for your appointment. We will gather appropriate medical information over the phone. A CCC team member will come get and escort your cat into the clinic. Whenever possible, a virtual appointment via FaceTime, Messenger, Skype, or speaker phone will take place so you can still be a part of your cat’s visit while you wait in your car. An estimate will be prepared and treatment plan established, as usual.
2. Curbside Pickup of Foods and Medications – Still Available
In addition to in-clinic pick up, we are still offering curbside pickup. If you can, please call ahead for food or medication needs, we will have them prepared and ready to bring out to your vehicle when you arrive. Just call or email ahead, we will take your request and payment over the phone, and then give us another call from your car when you arrive. *Quantities of medications or foods may be limited.
3. Online ordering
Did you know we have an online store and pharmacy? You can find it on our website or by clicking here:
We always love to see you, but you may be able to save a trip during this time. Order your needed medications and foods to be shipped directly to your door.
4. Phone or Email Communication Are Still Welcome
We will be happy to help you to the best of our ability over the phone or via email. Pictures of your concern are very helpful if you can email them with a thorough description of what’s going on. (we welcome skin lesions, injuries, eyes, anything no matter how “gross” ….but feel free to send cute pictures of your cats too!)
5. Cat Care To Your Door – House Calls Available Again
To Your Door is back-in-action and on the road! We have a slight back-log of cats waiting to be seen in the comfort of their own home, but if you have an urgent need, we do all we can to accommodate our schedule to fit a house call. We’re always willing to have a vet tech pick up your cat and bring them to the east or west clinic if a doctor cannot get to your home soon enough.
6. End of Life Considerations
If your family is faced with making a difficult decision, please call and discuss your concerns. This is one exception where clients will be allowed in a comfortable room to allow time, peace, and quiet with your cat.
7. Eastside Cat Care Clinic is open again Saturdays from 8am-Noon for pick-ups (no appointments).
*These guidelines and policies are subject to change, along with the ever-changing data on COVID-19.
Our passion is helping you take care of your cats. We appreciate your understanding with these measures to continue safely providing our service,
– Your dedicated team at Cat Care Clinic